2 egg yolks
110 g (½ cup) caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
300 ml cream
250 ml (1 cup) full-cream milk
6 expresso shots
- Combine the egg, egg yolks, sugar and vanilla in a bowl, mix well. Whisk in the cream and milk.
- Place into an unperforated steam container, cover and place onto the steam oven. Steam at 80°C for 1 hour or until the mixture thickens.
- Remove the custard from the steam oven, rest for 5 minutes and whisk until smooth. Refrigerate to cool.
- Churn the mixture in an ice-cream machine according to its instructions. Alternatively freeze in a shallow container, stirring often to break up the crystals.
- Place one scoop of vanilla ice-cream into 6 individual glasses or bowls. Pour 1 shot of espresso over each ice cream scoop. Serve immediately.
Hints and tips
- This recipe is perfect with your favourite coffee, made with a touch of a button, using the Miele coffee machine personalised program.