1.5kg chicken wings
285g jar Maggie Beer
Zest of 1 lemon, cut into thick strips
½ cup verjuice
2-3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
8 fresh bay leaves
Salt flakes, to taste
1. Using a sharp knife cut the wing into two portions, separating the drumette from the wing.
2. Place in a large bowl or container and dress with verjuice, olive oil and salt flakes. Marinate for 20-30 minutes.
3. Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil, Induction setting 9. Add the lemon zest and simmer for 5 minutes to remove the bitterness. Strain and refresh with Cold water.
4. Pre-heat the Oven on Moisture Plus at 220°C with 1 manual burst of steam.
5. Arrange the chicken pieces on 2 paper-lined Multi-purpose trays. Place into the Oven on shelf positions 2 and 4, releasing the burst of steam immediately. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden.
6. Empty the jar of mustard pears into a large mixing bowl. Combine the pears with a little warm water to loosen.
7. Transfer the chicken pieces along with the lemon and bay leaves into a mixing bowl.
Toss evenly to coat.
8. Transfer the chicken back onto the Multi-purpose trays and return to the Oven. Bake for a further 10-15 minutes until caramelised.
9. Remove from the Oven and rest for 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Hints and tips
• Each state in Australia has quality free-range chicken producers. Take time to seek out
those in your local area and ask questions about the way the chooks are reared
to determine the best product available.