500g dark chocolate,
55% couverture chocolate
300g unsalted butter
2 whole eggs
6 egg yolks
1 vanilla pod
1 small bunch of chocolate mint or spearmint
2 punnets blueberries
- Preheat oven on Fan Plus at 170°C with rapid heat up / booster turned off.
- Line a 20cm x 30cm lamington tray with baking paper.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a saucepan on low heat, induction setting 2, and stir until evenly melted and combined.
- In a freestanding mixer with balloon whisk attachment or a bowl with electric beaters; begin to mix the yolks and eggs until they begin to foam.
- Once they have foamed, begin to add the sugar and vanilla, beat until thick and glossy.
- When the egg mix has reached this stage, very gently fold in the warm chocolate butter mix.
- You want to keep as much air as possible in the mix as this is what will give it an amazing texture, you are better off under mixing, than over mixing as it doesn’t have to be completely mixed.
- Gently pour into the slice tray, the mix will continue to combine as you pour it into the tray. carefully place into the oven on shelf position 2, ensuring you do not bang the tray. Bake for 17 minutes.
- After 17 minutes, very gently remove from the oven and place the tray onto a cooling rack.
- Once at room temperature, it is ready to serve.
- Scoop a generous spoon of the ganache and place into a bowl, be careful not to squash and compress the ganache.
- Serve with picked mint, a dollop of cream and some blueberries.