4 Blue Cod fillets, boned
and skin removed
300g fresh broad bean kernels
200g fresh baby corn cut in half,
30ml neutral cooking oil
1 litre chicken stock
2 shallots, chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
½ green chilli
1 tbsp ground coriander
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tsp asafoetida
15g fresh turmeric, peeled and
4 ripe medium tomatoes, cut
2 tbsp tamarind paste (choose
a sweet tasting brand)
1 tbsp palm sugar
2 tbsp mustard seeds
2 tbsp lime juice
½ cup fresh coriander leaves,
½ cup fresh curry leaves
120g of spinach leaves, stalks
removed and torn into large strips
Salt to taste
- Place a large saucepan on medium-high heat, induction setting 7. Add butter, oil, shallots, garlic and chilli and sweat for 3-4 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add the ground spices, fresh turmeric and tomatoes and cook, stirring for another 3 minutes.
- Add tamarind paste, palm sugar and stock and bring to boil on high heat, induction setting 9 then reduce induction setting to 6 and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Strain through a sieve into another saucepan and set induction to the Keep Warm setting.
- Steam broad beans and corn in a perforated steam container at 100°C for 2 minutes, then quickly shell the broad beans and add to the broth.
- In a sauté pan set on medium-high heat, induction setting 7, toast the mustard seeds until they start to pop and add to the broth with the curry leaves.
- Season fish lightly with salt and place in an unperforated steam container lined with baking paper.
- Place in the steam oven and Steam at 85°C for 8-10 minutes, depending on thickness.
- Bring broth to a quick boil on high heat, induction setting 9. Remove from heat as soon as it boils and add coriander leaves, spinach and lime juice and season with salt.
- Place fish into serving bowl and spoon broth and vegetables on top.