225g strong wholemeal flour
225g spelt flour
100g rolled oats
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons bi-carb soda
1 teaspoon clear honey
25g unsalted butter, softened
50g pumpkin seeds
50g sunflower seeds
1 large egg, beaten
Plain white flour, for dusting
- Pre-heat the oven on Moisture Plus at 200°C with 1 manual burst of steam.
- Place the wholemeal and spelt flours, oats, salt, bi-carb, honey and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Insert the dough hook and mix, rubbing the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the pumpkin and sunflower seeds and mix for about 30 seconds to incorporate.
- In a measuring jug, mix the buttermilk and egg together, add to the rubbed-in mixture and mix on low speed until the dough comes together.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and divide it into two equal portions. Shape each portion into a round and then place each onto a baking tray, ensuring there is space between the loaves. Use a sharp knife to cut a deep cross on the top of each loaf and dust heavily with plain white flour.
- Place baking tray in oven on shelf position 2. Release the burst of steam immediately.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes. Test that bread is slightly risen, lightly browned and sounds hollow when tapped underneath before removing from the oven to cool.
- Turn out onto a wire rack and then leave to cool for a minimum of 30 minutes before slicing.
The dough can be split to make a dozen individual rolls if desired. The cooking time will need to be adjusted to 15-20 minutes.