200g puff pastry
250g butternut pumpkin pieces
1 tsp sage and rosemary, chopped
½ tsp nutmeg, grated
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 tbs water
¼ cup pumpkin seeds, toasted and chopped
- Place the pumpkin pieces in a Perforated steam tray and Steam at 100°C for 6-8 minutes. Once soft, lightly crush.
- Place the crushed pumpkin and remaining filling ingredients in a bowl, and combine.
- Roll out the puff pastry to a 10mm thickness and slice in half.
- Beat the egg and water together to make an egg wash and brush the outside edges of the pastry.
- Spread the butternut mixture evenly over the pastry, leaving the edges free of mix.
- Roll the pastry in on itself like a pinwheel. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes until firm.
- Remove pastry from the freezer and cut each roll into 24 rounds and place on a baking tray.
- Brush the remaining egg wash over the top of each pastry then sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
- Select Moisture Plus at 190˚C with 1 burst of steam and place the baking tray on shelf position 2. Release the burst of steam immediately and continue to cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove from Oven and serve immediately.