4 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp cardamom pods,
½ tsp whole cloves
1 cinnamon stick
1 brown onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp ginger, grated
2 ½ tsp garam masala
2 ½ tsp turmeric
2 ½ tsp ground coriander
600 g skinless chicken
thigh fillets, diced
1 ½ cups basmati rice
375 ml chicken stock
1 cup fresh or frozen peas
2 tbsp mango chutney
¼ cup chopped coriander
Thick natural yoghurt
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan on a medium-high heat, induction setting 7.
2. Add cardamom, cloves and cinnamon and fry until fragrant. Add the onion and fry until golden.
3. Add the garlic, ginger, ground spices and diced chicken and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat and place the mixture into an unperforated steam container.
Add the rice and the stock, stir to combine and Steam at 100°C for 18 minutes.
5. Stir in the peas and mango chutney and Steam at 100°C for a further 2 minutes.
6. Remove from the steam oven, cover with foil and rest for 3-5 minutes.
7. Stir in the coriander and season to taste.
8. Serve with yoghurt and extra mango chutney