800g chicken thigh, cut into strips
Wooden bamboo skewers
2 cups basmati rice
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 star anise
1 inch ginger, thickly sliced
3 cups chicken stock
150g Fix & Fogg Smoke and Fire Peanut Butter
2½ tbsp soy sauce
4 tbsp rice vinegar
¼ cucumber, sliced
Black sesame seeds
- Mix the satay sauce ingredients with 50ml of water. Reserve half of sauce for serving.
- Mix remaining satay with the chicken and thread onto the skewers, making 16 in total. Allow to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven on Fan Grill at 200°C.
- Place the skewers on a grilling and roasting insert, on a multi-purpose tray. Place in the oven on shelf position 5 and cook for 10 minutes.
- Place the rice into an unperforated steam container with the soy, star anise, ginger and stock.
- Steam at 100°C for 15 minutes.
- Serve rice into bowls with the skewers placed on top.
- Spoon the reserved satay sauce over the skewers and garnish with cucumbers, crispy shallots and black sesame seeds.
Hints and tips
- Fix & Fogg Smoke and Fire Peanut Butter can be substituted with plain peanut butter and ½ tsp of chilli powder. Adjust the amount and type of chilli to your taste.
- The chicken can be cooked on an induction cooktop, using the Miele griddle plate. Preheat the plate on high heat, induction setting 7, and cook for 4 minutes on each side.