Coconut and ginger steamed chicken
270 ml coconut cream
10 cm piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced
3 large kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
3 garlic cloves, roughly sliced
2 chicken breast fillets (500 g)
Pinch of sea salt
200 g rice stick noodles
2 Lebanese cucumbers, finely sliced on the diagonal
1 large bunch coriander (1 cup leaves), retain the stalks for the dressing
1 large bunch fresh Thai basil (1 cup leaves)
1 large bunch fresh Vietnamese mint (¾ cup leaves)
1 lime, zest and juice
½ cup toasted coconut flakes
⅓ cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
Coriander stalks (1 cup), very finely chopped
1 small green chili, finely chopped (add to your taste)
1 clove garlic, freshly grated or crushed
3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
3 tbsp fish sauce
3 tbsp pure maple syrup
1. Combine the dressing ingredients in a small jar, shake to combine, then set aside. Alternatively, you can blend the dressing ingredients to create a smoother dressing.
Coconut and ginger steamed chicken with fresh herb and noodle salad
1. In an unperforated steam container, add the coconut cream, ginger, kaffir lime leaves and garlic cloves.
2. Arrange the chicken over the top and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
3. Place into the steam oven and Steam at 85°C for 35 minutes. Remove and set aside to rest.
4. Cook and drain the noodles as per packet instructions then set aside in a large serving bowl.
5. In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, coriander leaves, Thai basil leaves, Vietnamese mint leaves, and the zest and juice of 1 lime.
6. Add roughly ⅔ of the coconut and peanuts then toss to combine.
7. Remove the chicken from the steam container and strain the coconut sauce into a jug.
8. Pour roughly ½ cup of the coconut sauce over the noodles then toss to combine.
9. Arrange the noodles then add the salad.
10. Finely slice the chicken and add to the serving bowl.
11. Sprinkle with the remaining coconut and peanuts then drizzle with the dressing.