4 medium courgettes/zucchini
Salt and pepper
4 white anchovy fillets, finely chopped
1 tsp black olives, finely chopped
2 tsp chopped oregano, finely chopped
4 cloves black garlic crushed
½ cup olive oil, approximately
200 ml chardonnay vinegar
2 large shallots, thinly sliced
1. Preheat the Oven on Fan Plus at 200°C.
2. Halve the corgettes lenthways and score the courgettes in a criss-cross pattern.
3. Brush with oil and season with salt and pepper.
4. Heat a griddle plate on high heat, Induction setting 8, place the courgettes into the dish scored side down. Cook for 2 minutes until lightly caramelised.
5. Place courgettes into the oven on shelf level 2 for 6 minutes to finish cooking.
1. Mix together the anchovies, olives, chopped herbs and the garlic. Add enough oil to make a paste.
1. Place the vinegar in a small saucepan and bring to the boil on high heat, Induction setting 9.
2. Remove vinegar from the heat and add the shallots. Place to the side and leave to cool.
1. Spoon anchovy paste on top of the courgettes and top with a few pickled shallots and some dill fronds.
Hints and tips
• Anchovy paste and pickled shallots can be made 2 days ahead and stored in the refrigerator.