150ml chardonnay vinegar
1 cup of fresh soft herbs i.e. dill,
4 fish Blue Cod skins, scales
and flesh removed
150g crème fraiche
1 lemon, zest and juice
Pinch of salt
Oil, for frying
- Mix chardonnay vinegar, sugar and salt together.
- Toss in the herbs and let them pickle for a few minutes prior to serving.
- Place fish skin in a perforated steam container lined with baking paper and Steam at 100°C for 5 minutes.
- Slide baking paper and skin onto a perforated oven tray and dehydrate on Conventional at 80°C for approximately 2 hours, or until crispy. This can also be done in a combi steam oven at 0% moisture at 80°C for an hour.
- Place oil into a large saucepan on high heat, induction setting 9 until it reaches 170°C on a cooking thermometer.
- Shallow fry fish skins until puffed and crispy. Remove from oil and drain on paper towel. Season lightly with salt while still hot.
- Lightly fold in the lemon juice and zest into the crème fraiche, season to taste.
- Lightly spread crème fraiche on fish skin, drain herbs and place on top, then finely
grate over the horseradish and serve.