1 earl grey tea bag
225g butter, melted
¼ orange or lemon, zested
340g caster sugar
340g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
- Place sultanas and tea bag in a heatproof bowl and just cover with boiling water. Sit for 30 minutes then drain and remove tea bag.
- Roughly chop half of the sultanas and place them all in a medium sized mixing bowl with the melted butter and citrus zest.
- In another bowl, beat together eggs and sugar until combined, add to the sultana mix and stir together.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together and stir to combine.
- Add flour mix to the wet mix bowl and gently fold together, try not to over mix.
- Line a 23cm cake tin with baking paper, or grease with butter.
- Pour mix into tin and smooth out the top.
- Preheat the oven on Moisture Plus at 160°C on Fan Plus.
- Place the cake in the oven on shelf position 2 and bake for 1 hour, releasing a burst of steam immediately.
- Check centre with a skewer, it should be clean.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes then remove from tin onto a cooling rack.
- When cool, store in an airtight container.
Hints and tips
- A mix of dry fruits could be used instead of sultanas.
- ¼ cup chopped toasted almonds would also be a nice addition.