500g bread flour
7g dry instant yeast
350g lukewarm water
10g olive oil
1. Combine flour, salt and yeast in a bowl of a freestanding mixer with a dough hook attachment.
2. Add the water and oil and mix on a low speed until smooth, elastic and glossy; approximately 3 minutes. Tip dough into a bowl which has been lightly coated with cooking oil. Cover with cling wrap.
3. Allow to prove in the Oven on Conventional at 40°C for 1 hour or until it has doubled in size.
4. Turn-out the dough onto a floured work bench and gently shape into a loaf. Place onto a lightly floured baking tray. Dust the top
of the loaf liberally with flour and score with a sharp knife to form a criss-cross pattern.
5. Return loaf into the Oven on Conventional at 40°C for 15-20 minutes to prove.
6. Remove the proved loaf from the Oven and change function. Select: Moisture Plus at 190°C with 2 manual bursts of steam.
7. Place the bread into the pre-heated Oven, shelf position 2 and release 1 burst of steam immediately. Release the second burst
after 15 minutes. Bake for 25–30 minutes or until the loaf makes a hollow sound when tapped on the underside.
8. Remove from Oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
Hints and tips
• Automatic program for White bread, replace steps 4 to 7 with:
Automatic programs + Bread + White loaf and follow the prompts (proving the shaped loaf is included in this program).
• For Oven without Moisture Plus replace step 6 and 7 with:
Pre-heat Oven to Fan Plus at 190°C. Place the bread on shelf position 2 and Bake for 25–30 minutes.
• Kneading by hand will take approximately 10 minutes.