3 egg yolks
60ml sweet chardonnay vinegar
Pinch salt flakes
220g unsalted butter, diced
8 large free range eggs
Black pepper, freshly ground
100g baby spinach leaves
4 English muffins, toasted
Smoked salmon or leg ham
Chives, finely chopped
1. Place yolks, vinegar and salt in a glass mixing bowl and whisk together until foamy. Cover with cling wrap.
2. Place butter in a separate bowl and cover with cling wrap. Place both bowls into the Steam oven on a wire rack. Steam at 75°C for 8 minutes.
3. Remove the cling wrap from the bowls and whisk the yolks until smooth and light. While stirring, add the butter, whisking vigorously until combined.
4. Pass through a sieve into a clean bowl, cover and keep warm until ready to serve.
1. Fill a deep unperforated steam container with water and salt. Add 30ml of white vinegar for every 1 litre of water used.
2. Carefully crack the eggs into the vinegar water. Place into the Steam oven and Steam at 90°C for 6 minutes.
1. Place spinach into a perforated steam container and Steam at 100°C for 1 minute. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
2. Warm the muffins and cut in half, arrange on warm serving plates topped with the baby spinach and salmon.
3. Once the eggs are cooked, carefully scoop out, using a slotted spoon. Drain on a piece of paper towel, before placing on top of the muffins. Spoon oven warm sauce and serve.
4. Spoon oven warm hollandaise sauce and garnish with chopped chives.
Hints and Tips
• For best-poached eggs, make sure they’re fresh.