6 x 200g snapper fillets (Goldband )
2 baby witlof
2 cups frisée
1 lemon, juiced
1 Granny Smith apple, finely sliced
3 sticks celery, finely sliced
½ cup chopped walnuts
cup Japanese mayonnaise
Salt and pepper
1 red onion, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon coriander
1 lemon, juiced
1 bunch fresh coriander (leaves and stalks)
1 bunch parsley (leaves and stalks)
4 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon sweet paprika
1 tablespoon turmeric
1½ tablespoon Ras el hanout
1½ tablespoons ground chilli
2 teaspoons Murray River salt flakes
185ml olive oil
1. Place ingredients into a food processor and pulse until a paste is formed.
1. Place each fillet on a sheet of baking paper measuring approximately 40cm x 35cm. Place fillet on the bottom half of the paper
leaving enough room to fold over and form a parcel.
2. Place 2 tablespoons of chermoula sauce over each fillet.
3. Bring the top half of the baking paper over the fillet and fold in the side edges, then fold in the bottom edge to form a parcel.
4. Place parcel on the bottom half of a similar sized piece of foil (shiny side in) and fold as per baking paper.
5. Place parcel on a perforated steam tray and Steam at 90˚C for 20-25 minutes.
1. Wash and dry the baby witlof and use the smallest leaves only.
2. Thinly slice the celery with a vegetable peeler then soak in cold water for 1 hour.
3. Place the apple in a dish and coat thoroughly with lemon juice to prevent oxidisation.
4. Place the apple, celery, walnuts, witlof and frisée in a large bowl. Toss the mayonnaise through the salad, ensuring you coat the
whole salad. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve the fish, in its open parcel, with a serve of the Waldorf salad on the side.
HINTS AND TIPS
• This recipe can be used for different types of fish, the cooking times will vary depending of the type fish and thickness of the fillet.