150 ml cream
150 ml milk
30 ml espresso coffee
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
35 g caster sugar
3 egg yolks
Dark chocolate, grated
Crisp dark chocolate biscuits
- In a bowl, combine cream, milk, coffee, vanilla bean paste and caster sugar.
- Lightly whisk the egg yolks into the mixture. Strain through a sieve and pour into 8 x 50 ml espresso cups.
- Place espresso cups into a perforated steam container and cover each cup tightly with foil.
- Place into the steam oven and Steam at 90°C for 20 minutes.
- Uncover the custards and allow to cool before placing in the refrigerator to chill for 2 hours.
- Sprinkle with grated dark chocolate and serve with a crisp dark chocolate biscuit.