100 g unsalted butter, softened
3 tsp wasabi paste
1 tsp miso paste
Salt flakes, to taste
1 sheet nori, torn
2 tsp salt flakes
8 large green prawns
1 long red chilli, thinly sliced, optional
1 tbsp herbs, we used baby coriander, optional
1 lemon, cut into wedges
grilling and roasting insert
1. Mix the butter ingredients until smooth and combined.
1. Place the nori sheet onto a universal tray. Place the tray on shelf level 2 and bake on Fan Plus
at 160°C for 10 minutes, or until toasted.
2. Add the toasted nori and salt into a mortar and pestle and grind to a powder.
1. Remove the heads of the prawns. Lay each prawn flat onto a chopping board. With a sharp knife, make an incision deep enough to butterfly the prawn along the middle of its back, all the way to the end of the tail.
2. Remove the intestinal tract.
3. Preheat the oven on Full Grill at 250°C.
4. Place butterflied prawns on a grilling and roasting insert placed in a universal tray. Brush prawns with a small amount of wasabi butter.
5. Place the prawns on shelf level 5 and grill for 2-3 minutes, or until the prawns are cooked through.
6. Sprinkle the prawns with the nori salt, chilli and herbs. Serve with lemon wedges.
Hints and tips
• Use the prawn heads to make a delicious stock.
• The wasabi butter is great on many ingredients, try it with asparagus or chicken.
• The nori salt will last for months if stored in an airtight container.