¼ red cabbage
1 red onion
½ small daikon radish
2 long red chillies
5 spring onions (green onions)
1 lemon, finely zested
1 bunch coriander, washed
2 stems Vietnamese mint
1 clove garlic, crushed
100g bean sprouts, debearded
60ml coconut water
60ml rice vinegar
Juice of 2 limes
60ml fish sauce
125ml sunflower oil
A pinch chilli flakes
½ cup roasted crushed peanuts
1. Thinly slice cabbage, wombok and onion on a mandolin into a large bowl.
2. Change the blade on the mandolin to a “spaghetti” blade and slice the carrot and daikon.
3. Slice the chillies very finely lengthways.
4. Finely slice the spring onions on the diagonal.
5. Pick the leaves of the coriander and Vietnamese mint.
6. Combine all the dressing ingredients in a clean screw top jar. Secure the lid and shake well
7. Gently toss all salad ingredients together.
1. Dress lightly just before serving and garnish with crushed peanuts.
• A mandolin is a slicer used for slicing very thinly. They are widely available through
Asian grocers or online. If you do not have a mandolin, finely slice or use slice attachment
on a food processor.
• Debeard bean sprouts by using your fingers to snap off the stringy tail.