200 grams pork mince
200 grams raw prawn flesh
2 sticks lemon grass
6 red chillies
8 cloves garlic
80 grams Gapi (shrimp paste)
4 coriander roots
8 snake beans
Light palm sugar
4 red witlof
½ Chinese cabbage
4 Lebanese cucumbers
- To make the paste, de-seed and chop chilli. Peel and chop shallots. Wash and chop coriander root.
- Halve the lemon grass sticks and keep the bottom half and chop. Toast Gapi in a pan until fragrant.
- Combine all and blend to a fine paste. To cook, heat a wok. Once hot, add a splash of peanut oil.
- Fry pork mince until well brown. Then tip out the wok into a bowl, discarding any extra liquid.
- Heat wok again, add peanut oil and fry paste until aromatic – about 3 mins. Add the prawns and finely sliced snake beans. Cook for 3 mins and add the pork. Stir well.
- To season, add some finely shaved palm sugar, tamarind water, and fish sauce to personal taste.
- Serve in a bowl on a platter with raw chopped vegetable around.
- Eat like corn chips and salsa.