½ cup miso paste
85g caster sugar
2 whole eggplant
4 tablespoons sunflower oil
Large pinch Murray River Sea Salt to taste
1. Combine miso ingredients in a solid steam tray and whisk well.
2. Steam at 100°C for 3 minutes. Set aside until required.
1. Pre-heat Steam Combination Oven on Full Grill, Level 3.
2. Cut eggplant in half lengthways. Score a diamond pattern across each half.
3. Brush all 4 halves generously with miso mixture and place on the rack over the
multi-purpose tray lined with baking paper.
4. Place onto shelf position 2 and reset Steam Combination Oven to: Combi mode: Full Grill,
Level 3 + 16 minutes + 100% moisture. Baste with the miso mixture every 5 minutes.
5. Grill until the eggplant is cooked through and golden in colour. Times may vary depending
on size of eggplant.
6. Brush with additional miso mixture just prior to serving. Serve warm.