90 g (½ cup) white miso paste
75 g (½ cup) caster sugar
60 ml (¼ cup) mirin
60 ml (¼ cup) cooking sake
80 ml (⅓ cup) neutral flavoured oil
Salt flakes, to taste
1. Combine the miso ingredients in a unperforated steam tray and whisk well.
2. Steam at 100°C for 3 minutes. Set aside until required.
1. Preheat the combi steam oven on Full Grill on Level 3.
2. Cut the eggplant in half lengthways. Score a diamond pattern across each half.
3. Brush all 4 halves generously with miso mixture and place on the rack over the
4. Place onto shelf level 2 and change the oven to Combi mode: Full Grill,
Level 3 + 16 minutes + 100% moisture. Baste with the miso mixture every 5 minutes.
5. Grill until the eggplant is cooked through and golden in colour. Times may vary depending on size of eggplant.
6. Brush with additional miso mixture just prior to serving. Serve warm.