90g brown sugar
115g Self raising flour
½ tsp baking powder
90g butter, chopped
200g hazelnut meal
75g egg white, whisked slightly
75g caster sugar
150g dark chocolate chips
1 egg yolk
Pure icing sugar, sifted
1. Grease and line the base of a 20cm round cake tin.
2. Place brown sugar, flour and baking powder into a bowl. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles moist large breadcrumbs. Be careful not to over mix as a paste will form.
3. Add the hazelnut meal and then stir in the lightly whisked egg whites to bring together. Leave in a breadcrumb like texture.
4. Gently place two thirds of the mixture into the base of the tin. Pressing down lightly. Set aside the remaining third of mixture.
1. Melt the butter and caster sugar on medium heat, Induction setting 5 until sugar starts to dissolve. Add chocolate and stir to melt until the mixture comes together.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk egg and yolk together. Add beaten eggs to the chocolate mixture and reduce heat to Induction setting 2, stirring continuously until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Leave to cool slightly.
3. Pour filling over the base. Crumble the remaining hazelnut mixture and dot over the filling.
4. Scatter raspberries on top of the filling in between crumble.
5. Place tin on a rack on shelf position 2 and select Combination Mode: Fan Plus at 180°C + 55 minutes + 30% moisture.