120g egg yolks (approximately 6 yolks)
1 vanilla bean
- Place the cream and the scraped vanilla beans into a mixing bowl and Steam at 100˚C for 2 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and honey until slightly pale. Pour the cream mixture over the eggs and whisk to combine.
- Place the brûlée dishes into a perforated steam container and cover with cling wrap or foil.
- Steam at 85°C for 30 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove the cling wrap or foil, and place into the refrigerator to cool.
- Pour caster sugar evenly and very thinly over the top of the brûlée.
- With a blow torch, caramelise the sugar; caramelise until the top of the brûlée is evenly coloured.
Hints and tips
- We have used 150ml brûlée dishes, 12cm x 3cm, cooking times may need to be adjusted slightly if deeper dishes are used.