200 g caster sugar
50 g honey
75 g liquid glucose, warmed
2 tbsp water
1 ½ tsp bi-carb soda, sieved
200 g good quality milk couverture chocolate, for dipping
- Place the sugar, honey, liquid glucose and water into a large saucepan on high heat, induction setting 8, and stir until it begins to boil.
- Once boiling stop stirring and bring to 156°C.
- Add the sieved bi-carb soda and whisk to incorporate.
- Immediately pour the honeycomb into a large metal bowl lined with baking paper.
- Do not move the bowl, allow to cool at room temperature.
- Once completely cooled, break the honeycomb into bite-size pieces.
- To temper the chocolate, place it into a saucepan on medium heat, induction setting 4. Stir continuously until you have 50% solids and 50% liquid. Remove from the heat and stir vigorously until the solids have completely melted.
- Dip the pieces of honeycomb into the tempered chocolate and place onto a lined tray to set at room temperature.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to enjoy.