2 red chillies
4 spring onions
1 nob ginger
2 punnets cherry tomatoes
½ red onion
4 Lebanese cucumbers
2 cups coriander
200gms baby cos leaves
100 mls fish sauce
100 mls white malt vinegar
2 tablespoons hot dried chilli powder
1 red chilli
100 ml tamarind water
200 ml lime juice
- To make the dressing, slice the chilli finely and combine all ingredients except the lime juice in a pot and bring to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes and then chill. Once cold add the lime juice.
- To cook the chicken, place in a suitable sized pot and add the sliced spring onions and ginger.
- Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil. Once at a boil slightly lower the heat to a high simmer.
- Leave for 20 minutes then turn off heat. Cover and let sit for 40 minutes. Then place into ice water and leave to cool. Once cool take out and refrigerate.
- Chop the cherry tomatoes. Deseed and cut cucumbers into half-moons.
- Finely slice the red onion and leave in cold water for 15 minutes.
- Deseed and finely slice the chillies – lengthways.
- Tear all chicken flesh off the bone. Mix with a generous amount of the dressing.
- Add the onion, cucumber, chillies, tomato and coriander. Mix well.
- Lay cos leaves on the base of a plate or bowl. Serve salad on top.