110g unsalted butter
160g caster sugar
20ml lemon juice
Zest 1 lemon, finely grated
180g self-raising flour
100g caster sugar
1 tsp lemon juice, extra
1 lemon, finely sliced
5 egg yolks
250ml lemon juice
220g butter, melted and cooled
250g unsalted butter
200ml condensed milk
2 tsp lemon juice
1. In a small saucepan on high heat, Induction setting 9, boil water, sugar and lemon juice until sugar has dissolved.
2. Dip lemon slices into sugar syrup and place onto a paper lined perforated baking tray. Dehydrate in the Warming Drawer on Food Setting 5, approximately 85°C for 4 hours or until crispy.
1. In a glass bowl, whisk together eggs, yolks and sugar until pale. Mix in lemon juice followed by butter and whisk until well combined.
2. Cover with cling wrap and place into the Steam Oven on a wire rack. Steam at 75°C for 45 minutes.
3. Remove curd from the Steam Oven and whisk vigorously until smooth and even in colour. Strain through a sieve into a clean bowl. Cover with a piece of cling wrap on the surface and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until set.
1. In a bowl of a freestanding mixer with paddle attachment, combine butter and sugar on medium speed until pale and fluffy.
2. Add eggs one at a time beating well between each addition. Add in the lemon juice and zest.
3. Reduce speed and gently fold in flour and milk alternately until well combined. Spoon mixture into paper lined muffin pans, filling the tins three quarters of the way.
4. Steam at 100°C for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
5. Remove the cupcakes from the muffin pan while warm and cool on a wire rack.
1. In a freestanding mixer with paddle attachment, whip butter and condensed milk until light and fluffy. Add in lemon juice.
1. Using a small knife cut the top off the cupcakes. Pipe a small amount of curd into the centre of each cake and place the top back on.
2. Pipe or spoon the buttercream over the top of each cake. Garnish with candied lemon wheel.
Hints and tips
• Cupcakes can be served with lemon curd and dusted with icing sugar.