270 g (1 ½ cup) steel cut oats
70 g piece jamon
150 g black pudding, thickly sliced
310 ml (1 ¼ cups) chicken stock, more if needed
2 sweet corn, husks removed
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 large shallots, thinly sliced
Salt flakes and pepper, to taste
20 g butter
20 g finely grated parmesan
1 lemon, juiced
1 tbsp finely chopped chives
- Place the steel oats in a bowl and cover with water. Cover and stand overnight for the oats to absorb the liquid.
- Place the jamon in the freezer overnight.
- Place the black pudding slices onto a universal tray. Place the tray into the oven on shelf level 2 and roast on Fan Plus at 180⁰C for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Cool slightly then crumble into small pieces.
- Place the eggs in a perforated steam container, place into the steam oven and Sous-vide at 63⁰C for 25 minutes.
- Heat a griddle plate on medium-high heat, induction setting 7 for 5 minutes. Add the corn and asparagus, cook for 5 minutes or until charred all over. Cool slightly before removing kernels and slicing the asparagus.
- Place the oil and shallots in a small frying pan, heat on medium-high heat, induction setting 7, or TempControl level 2 for 8 minutes or until crispy. Drain on paper towel and season with salt.
- Drain the oats. Place into a saucepan with the chicken stock. Cook on medium heat, induction setting 6 for 10 minutes, stirring continuously, or until thick and creamy. Stir through more stock if needed.
- Stir through the butter and parmesan, season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Divide the oats between serving bowls, create an indentation in the oats for the egg. Crack the egg and gently removed the unset white; place onto the oats. Top with black pudding crumbs, corn and asparagus. Shave the frozen jamon over the egg, top with the crispy shallots and chives.
Hints and tips
- Ask your deli for the end of the jamon and store in the freezer. It’s great to have to shave over many other dishes.
- If you are making this dish in winter, try substituting chestnuts for the corn and asparagus. Steam the chestnuts for 15 minutes at 100⁰C and add to the oats before serving.