500g bakers flour
15g salt flakes
4g dry yeast
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
Seedless grapes and rosemary
Sliced pitted green olives, rosemary and pistachio
Sliced pitted kalamata olives, orange zest and fetta
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, salt and yeast. Add 20mls olive oil and water and mix with hands or a wooden spoon until no dry flour remains.
2. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave to prove for 12-24 hours at room temperature.
3. Sprinkle the top of the dough lightly with flour, then transfer it to a lightly-floured bench. Form into a rough circle approximately 2 cm thick.
4. Pour remaining olive oil in the bottom of a 27 cm round baking tray. Transfer dough to the baking tray, turn to coat in oil.
5. Using your fingers, press the dough around the tray, flattening it slightly and spreading oil around the bottom and edges of the dough.
6. Press your chosen toppings onto the surface of the dough, using your fingers to press into the dough. Let the dough stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
7. When the dough has proved, press down slightly again to create dimples in the surface of the dough.
8. Position a baking and roasting rack on shelf position 2. Pre-heat the oven on Moisture Plus at 190ºC with 2 bursts of steam.
Place the baking tray into the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, releasing the bursts of steam as follows:
First burst of steam: immediately.
Second burst of steam: After 10 minutes.
The focaccia is ready when crisp and golden and sounds hollow when tapped.
9. Turn out carefully onto a cooling rack; allow to cool slightly before serving.