36 large scampi tails, shelled and
2 ripe persimmon, peeled
2 large yellow beetroot
100 g Brussels sprouts
50 g rice, toasted and ground
10 g coriander leaves
10 g shiso leaves
200 ml shitake dressing
½ cup basmati rice
60 ml lime juice
60 ml water
100 ml fish sauce
1½ tsp brown sugar
½ knob ginger, finely grated
1 small garlic glove, finely grated
½ cup grapeseed oil
80 g shitake mushrooms, sautéed in sesame oil and finely sliced
1. Wrap the beetroot in aluminium foil, place on a baking tray. Roast in the oven on Fan Plus for 2 hours or until soft.
2. Remove from the oven and cut into wedges. Set aside.
3. Discard the outer leaves of the Brussels sprouts and separate the inner leaves until the leaves are separated.
4. Place into a perforated steam tray and Steam at 100°C for 1 minute. Cool and set aside.
5. Season scampi tails with salt and pepper.
6. Heat a frying pan on high heat, Induction setting 8 and add oil. Once the oil is hot, pan fry the scampi tails to medium rare, approximately 1 minute each side.
1. In a frying pan, place the rice and toast on medium high heat, Induction setting 7 until brown in colour. Lightly crush in a pestle and mortar.
1. Combine lime juice, water and fish sauce in a medium-sized bowl. Add sugar, ginger and garlic and whisk until sugar is dissolved. Whisk in the grapeseed oil.
2. Add the shitake mushrooms just before dressing the salad.
1. Cut the persimmon into wedges, a similar size to the beetroot. Mix the beetroot and persimmon in a bowl with a little bit of dressing. Add the steamed Brussels sprouts and herbs.
2. Place cooked scampi on the plate and arrange the rest of the salad on top. Spoon over the shitake dressing and sprinkle with some the crushed toasted rice, coriander leaves and shiso leaves.