500 ml (2 cups) warm water (approximately 37°C)
1 tbsp milk
14 g (1 tbsp) dried yeast
600 g (4 cups) Baker’s flour (high protein), plus extra for dusting
90 g (½ cup) semolina
15 g salt flakes
Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
150 g pitted black olives
2 rosemary stems, leaves picked
Sea salt flakes
- In a jug, combine the water, milk and yeast. Stir to combine, then set to the side for 10 minutes until the yeast starts to activate.
- In a bowl of a free-standing mixer with dough hook attachment, combine the flour, semolina and salt.
- Gradually add the yeast mixture, mix together to form a smooth dough, approximately 5-6 minutes.
- Turn out dough onto a floured bench and continue kneading for a further 2 minutes, adding more flour as required. This will help to develop the gluten.
- Transfer to a well oiled bowl and cover with a damp cloth.
- Place into the oven on Prove yeast dough and prove for 30 minutes or until dough doubles in size.
- After 30 minutes, lift up one side of the dough and fold it in half. Prove again for another 20 minutes.
- Fold in a half again from the opposite side, you will notice the dough changing and becoming smoother. Prove in the oven for a further 20 minutes.
- Turn the dough onto a universal tray or round baking tray, greased and lightly dusted with a mix of half semolina and half flour. Press the dough out approximately 4cm thick.
- Place the dough back into the oven and prove for a further 30 minutes.
- Change the oven on Moisture Plus with Fan Plus at 190°C, with manual 2 bursts of steam.
- Drizzle the surface of the dough with olive oil then use your fingers to press holes across the surface, pressing almost to the bottom of the dough. Dot the olives across these holes as well as sprigs of rosemary.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt flakes and a bit more olive oil.
- Place into the oven on shelf level 2, releasing the first burst of steam immediately and the second burst after 10 minutes.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden and a hollow sound is made on the base when tapped.
- Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes in the tray before transferring to a cooling rack.