6 rhubarb sticks, leaves removed and stalks washed
3 teaspoons raw sugar, plus
3 tablespoons extra
zest of 1 lemon
zest of 1 orange
200G strawberries, washed and dried
1 tablespoon water
500g goat’s curd (or a goat’s cheese log)
6 meringues (shop-bought is fine if you don’t have time to make them)
honey to drizzle
1 handful of toasted chopped pistachios
- Preheat an oven to 190°C.
- Cut 4 rhubarb sticks into 5cm lengths. Lay the rhubarb evenly in one layer on a perforated steam tray. Sprinkle the sugar and zest over the rhubarb. Steam at 100˚C for 20 minutes until the rhubarb is tender enough to leave an impression when you gently press it with your finger.
- Hull strawberries and cut into quarters, reserve ¼ of the strawberries to use as a fresh garnish.
- Cut the remaining two rhubarb sticks into 2-inch slices and combine with strawberries, water and extra raw sugar in a saucepan. Bring to the boil and gently simmer over medium-low heat until the fruit has softened and the mix has reduced and thickened (about 15 minutes). Remove from heat.
- Gently whip cream to soft peaks and combine with yoghurt and 400g of goat’s curd. Smash meringues and mix them into the cream mixture.
- In a big glass bowl, layer meringue mix, baked rhubarb and berry sauce. Garnish with remaining crumbed goat’s curd and pomegranate seeds. Finish with a drizzle of honey, fresh strawberries and chopped pistachios.