800 g agria potatoe, washed
70 g brown onion, peeled and grated
10 g salt
100 ml oil
1 tbsp white vinegar
- Place the potatoes in a perforated steam container and Steam at 100°C for 20 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Grate the potato and mix with the onion and salt.
- Heat half the oil in a 23cm frying pan on high heat, induction setting 8. Place the potato mix in the pan and flatten to the edges, cook until browned.
- Flip the hash onto a plate, add the remaining oil then return the hash to the pan. Cook the other side on a high heat, induction setting 8 for 3 minutes.
- Preheat oven on Fan Plus at 230°C with Crisp function.
- Place the frying pan in the oven on shelf position 2 and cook for 10 minutes.
- Once crisp, remove from the frying pan and drain on paper towel.
- Bring water to the boil in a large saucepan and add the vinegar.
- Turn the water down to a simmer on a medium heat, induction setting 6. Crack each egg into a small dish and tip gently into the water. Cook to your liking. Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Place hash brown onto a plate and gently rest the poached eggs on top.
Hints and tips
- You can also make mini hash browns by dividing the mix into 8 small discs of 100g each.