1 kg peeled and seeded pumpkin, cut into a 3cm dice
400g sweet potato, cut into a 3cm dice
2 brown onions, finely chopped
1 cup chicken stock
Salt and Pepper
1/2 cup sour cream
1 chorizo sausage, diced and fried
Coriander leaves, chopped to garnish
- Place pumpkin, sweet potato and onion into a solid steam tray.
- Steam at 100°C for 20-30 minutes.
- When programme is finished, puree cooked vegetables in a food processor or blender along with any liquid in the container and chicken stock. Process until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Adjust thickness of soup with additional liquid stock if required.
- Serve in warmed bowls topped with a spoonful of sour cream, diced chorizo and corainder