300g agria potatoes
60g butter, softened
2 garlic cloves, finely grated
3 anchovy fillets, chopped
50g parsley and chives, finely
1 teaspoon of finely grated lemon
100g plain flour
500ml grapeseed oil for deep-frying
1. Wash potatoes and place in a perforated steam tray. Steam at 100°C
for 30-40 minutes, or until cooked through.
2. Cool potatoes for 5 minutes, then peel and press through a potato ricer
3. Add the lightly whisked egg, stir to combine and season to taste. Refrigerate
for 20 minutes.
4. Mix butter, garlic, ricotta, anchovies, herbs and lemon zest in a bowl
until well combined, then refrigerate for 5 minutes.
5. Divide potato mixture into equal portions.
6. Take a teaspoonful of ricotta mixture and wrap a portion of potato
around it, rolling to form a ball, and set aside. Repeat with remaining
1. Whisk the egg and place in a bowl. Season flour and spread on a plate.
Do the same with the breadcrumbs.
2. Roll potato in flour, then the egg wash, coat in breadcrumbs, shaking off
excess in between. Set aside.
3. Heat oil in a large deep saucepan on a high heat, Induction setting 8,
until it reaches 170°C.
4. Deep-fry potato balls in batches, turning occasionally, until golden
brown. Drain on paper towels and serve hot.