2 tbsp olive oil
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 sprig rosemary, finely chopped
1 tbsp finely chopped oregano leaves
2 tsp salt flakes
2 kg leg of lamb
4 large waxy potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
125 ml (½ cup) chicken stock
2 garlic heads, cloves separated, unpeeled
500 g cherry tomatoes on the vine
Rosemary sprigs, extra, to serve
1 lemon, quartered
- Position FlexiClip runners on shelf level 2.
- Combine the olive oil, lemon zest, crushed garlic, rosemary, oregano and salt in a small bowl. Rub herb mixture over the lamb leg.
- Place the lamb leg into the gourmet oven dish. Place the potatoes around the lamb and pour in the stock and reserved lemon juice.
- Place the gourmet oven dish on the FlexiClip runners, insert the Food probe into the centre of the lamb. Roast on Moisture Plus with Auto Roast at 200⁰C + 53⁰C + 2 manual bursts of steam. Release the first burst of steam immediately. Set a minute minder for 30 minutes.
- When the minute minder goes off, carefully pull the gourmet oven dish out of the oven using the FlexiClip runners. Add the garlic cloves and return the roast to the oven and release the second burst of steam. Cook until the internal temperature is reached and then add the tomatoes and extra rosemary sprigs. Turn off the oven and leave the roast in for an additional 5 minutes to cook the tomatoes.
- Remove the lamb from the oven and rest in the warming drawer until ready to serve.
- Carve the lamb and serve with lemon wedges.
Hints and tips
- To conserve energy, it is possible to cook this recipe without preheating the oven thanks to Miele’s quick heat up times.
- The roast will continue to cook after the oven is turned off.
- If you do not have a Food probe, cook the roast for approximately 1 hour 15 minutes to achieve medium rare.