1 small to medium white cabbage approximately 1.4kg
4 medium onions, skin on
Salt to taste
Roasted pulp of 4 onions, outside skins removed
300ml reduced chicken stock
60g sourdough, roughly chopped
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
50ml white wine vinegar
½ cup chives, finely chopped
¼ cup olive oil
Juice of ½ lemon
Salt to taste
Roasted cabbage and onion
- Using a thin metal skewer, put a few deep holes into the cabbage and the onions.
- Place on a grilling and roasting insert, set in a multi-purpose tray and drizzle some olive oil and salt over the cabbage and rub it into the cabbage. Place the whole onions around it.
- Place into the oven on Moisture Plus Fan Plus at 160°C for 2 hours and 10 minutes with 3 bursts of steam, releasing each burst of steam 40 minutes apart.
- Remove the onions and continue cooking the cabbage for another 30 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and rest in the oven for 20 minutes.
- In a saucepan add onion pulp, chicken stock, cream and sourdough then bring to a light boil on medium heat, induction setting 6 and remove from heat.
- Add vinegar and place into a blender and blend till smooth.
- Return into the saucepan and set on low heat, induction setting 2, whisk in mustard and butter.
- Check seasoning, add chives and set induction to Keep Warm setting.
- Combine olive oil and lemon juice.
- Remove cabbage from the oven and portion into even wedges.
- Season with salt and brush with olive and lemon juice.
- Serve with sauce.
Hints and tips
- Vegetable stock can be used in replace of chicken stock for vegetarian option.