1 x 300g lamb rump roast, with outer skin and fat
Olive oil and seasonings, pepper, dried herbs or spices.
300ml chicken stock
5g salt flakes
120g frozen or freshly podded peas
¼ cup roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
¼ cup chopped mint leaves
Lemon juice to taste
Salt flakes and pepper to taste
30g Pecorino or Parmesan cheese, finely grated
Roasted lamb rump
1. Rub the lamb in olive oil and selected spices and let come to room temperature for approximately 30 minutes.
2. Position the grease filter in the rear of the Steam Combination oven.
3. Select Combination Mode:
Stage 1: Select Full Grill 3 + 10 minutes + 0% moisture
Stage 2: Select Full Grill 3 + 10 minutes + 0% moisture
Stage 3: Select Fan Plus at 150°C + 20 minutes + 60% moisture
4. Place roasting or grilling insert over a multi-purpose tray, then place into the oven on shelf position 2 for the first stage. This stage is to pre-heat both the grill and roasting rack tray.
5. At the commencement of the second stage add the lamb to the roasting tray. Close the door and let the program continue for stage 2 and stage 3.
6. When cooking is complete let the lamb rest for 10 minutes before carving and serving. Leave oven door open to allow to cool before using the steam function.
Fregola and peas
1. Place the fregola, chicken stock and salt flakes in a solid steam tray. Steam at 100ºC for 9 minutes. If using frozen peas, cover
with warm water and sit for 5 minutes, strain.
2. Add peas, butter, herbs to the cooked fregola and stir to combine and emulsify. Season to taste with salt flakes, pepper and lemon juice.
3. Spoon the fregola and peas into a warm serving bowl, top with sliced lamb and grated cheese.
HINTS AND TIPS
- Fregola is a Sardinian pasta made from semolina. Israeli or giant couscous can be substituted.
- Lamb racks or rolled short loin would also be a great substitute to rump roast.
- If using lamb racks, cooking time may need to be extended for stage 3 as meat with the bone tends to take longer to cook.