250g salted butter
¼ cup sugar
1 small egg, beaten
1 cup rice flour
1 cup chickpea flour
1 teaspoon ground cumin
300g bitter dark chocolate
1 gelatine leaf, bloomed in cold water
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
Sea salt to taste
200g manchego cheese
1. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in ½ the egg, fold
in the flours and cumin and continue to mix until mixture forms a soft
2. Roll the dough into 20 cent piece cylinders on a surface dusted with
3. Place dough into cling wrap and roll. Place in the refrigerator to set hard.
4. Cut into ¼ inch slices, then place on a baking tray and prick the tops
with a toothpick.
5. Pre-heat oven on Fan Plus at 170°C, or Select Automatic, Biscuit, 3
bars and follow the prompts.
6. Place the baking tray on shelf position 2 and bake for 16-18 minutes, or
until shortbread is a pale golden brown. Allow to cool on baking sheets.
1. In a small saucepan, warm the cream on a high heat, Induction
setting 7, until nearly at boiling point, remove from the heat, then
stir in the chocolate. Add softened gelatine and stir.
2. Add butter and paprika, then a pinch of salt to taste and stir
3. Place in refrigerator until thickened in consistency and suitable to pipe.
1. Pipe ganache on top of shortbread, microplane manchego cheese on
top and serve.