2kg lamb shoulder, bone in
5 sprigs fresh rosemary, stripped and chopped
60ml extra virgin olive oil
4 wedges (100gm) preserved lemons, rinsed and dried, roughly chopped
Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to season
1 large to X-large oven bag
- Pre-heat oven on Conventional at110°C.
- Remove the lamb from the refrigerator and place into a large bowl or tray. Set aside.
Place the verjuice, olive oil and a pinch of sea salt and cracked pepper into a bowl and whisk together well. Add the preserved lemon and rosemary, mix together well and adjust the seasoning to taste, being careful not to over season with the salt as the preserved lemons will help with this.
- Rub and massage this mixture all over the lamb, then place into the oven bag. Place onto a multi-purpose tray with the roasting and grilling insert. Place into the pre-heated oven and cook for 7 hours, until the lamb starts to fall off the bone.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 30 minutes in the bag.
- Remove from the bag and place onto a serving platter, strain off the pan juices into a jug, allow to sit for a couple of minutes to allow the fat to separate, then scoop of as much fat as you can and discard, then serve with the lamb in the centre of the table.
Hints and tips
- If your oven bag happens to break, cover the baking tray with a double layer of foil and crimp around the edges and continue to bake, this will retain the moisture for the remaining cooking time.