225g silverbeet, deveined, roughly chopped
210ml silverbeet water
500g bakers flour
2½ teaspoons dried yeast
½ teaspoon sugar
40ml olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 brown onion, approximately 150g, finely diced
1 teaspoon salt
50g fresh dill, finely chopped
Polenta for dusting
1. Place silverbeet on a perforated steam tray, place in the Steam Oven and Steam at 100°C for 1 minute. Cool and squeeze silverbeet dry. Roughly chop and retain the liquid for the bread mix.
2. Pour liquid into a measuring jug and add enough water to make up a total volume of 210ml.
3. In a bowl of a freestanding mixer, combine yeast, sugar, 1 tablespoon of flour and 75ml of the water. Stand for 10 minutes
4. In a non-stick frying pan, sauté the onion and garlic until lightly coloured, allow to cool.
5. Add all remaining ingredients to the activated yeast. Using the dough hook attachment knead the dough for 10 minutes on
medium speed. If the dough gets sticky, add more flour.
6. Allow the dough to rest for 5 minutes, before transferring into a greased bowl, covered with cling wrap.
7. Place bowl onto a baking and roasting rack on shelf position 2. Select Conventional at 40°C and prove dough for 45 minutes.
8. Remove dough from the bowl, cut into 2 equal pieces and shape into loaves. Dust a baking tray with polenta, score bread and leave for 10 minutes to rest at room temperature.
9. Select Moisture Plus at 210°C with 1 manual burst of steam. When oven is pre-heated, place bread on shelf position 2, releasing the burst of steam immediately. Bake for 25 minutes.