225g bunch silverbeet
500g Baker’s flour
2 tsp (7 g) dried yeast
½ tsp caster sugar
2 tbsp olive oil
1 small brown onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 tsp salt flakes
¼ cup finely chopped dill
Polenta for dusting
- Separate the leaves and finely shop the stems.
- Place the silverbeet leaves on a perforated steam tray, place in the steam oven and Steam at 100°C for 1 minute. Cool and squeeze silverbeet dry, the silverbeet liquid. Roughly chop the leaves. Finely chop the silverbeet stems.
- Place the silverbeet liquid in a measuring jug and add enough water to make up 210 ml.
- In a bowl of a freestanding mixer, combine yeast, sugar, 1 tablespoon of flour and 75ml of the silverbeet water mixture. Stand for 10 minutes to activate.
- In a non-stick frying pan, sauté the onion for 2 minutes on medium heat, induction setting 6. Add the silverbeet stems and garlic; cook for another 5 minutes or until vegetables lightly coloured and liquid has evaporated. Allow vegetables to cool.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the activated yeast. Using the dough hook attachment knead the dough for 10 minutes on medium speed. If the dough gets sticky, add more flour.
- Place the dough into a large lightly greased metal bowl. Place into the oven on Prove yeast dough and prove for 45 minutes.
- Remove dough from the bowl, cut into 2 equal pieces and shape into loaves. Dust a baking tray with polenta, score bread and leave for 10 minutes to rest at room temperature.
- Select Moisture Plus with Fan Plus at 210°C with 1 manual burst of steam. When oven is preheated, place bread on shelf position 2, releasing the burst of steam immediately. Bake for 35 minutes or until cooked through.
Hints and tips
- The bread is delicious with some feta folded through,