2.3kg whole ccotch fillet, excess fat trimmed
1 cup fresh rosemary leaves
¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
½ cup vino cotto
¼ cup thyme, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
1 tablespoon sea salt
1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Pre-heat the Gourmet Warmer Drawer on food setting 5 (approximately 85°C).
- Place the whole scotch fillet onto a large platter or board and gently pat dry, set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, place the rosemary, ½ cup of olive oil, ¼ cup of vino cotto, thyme, mustard, salt and pepper, mix together well, then massage all over the fillet so that all sides are well coated.
- Place onto a wire rack over a lined multi-purpose tray and place into the Gourmet Warmer Drawer. Roast for 7-8 hours for medium rare, the internal temperature should reach 57°C-58°C.
- Make a post marinate by placing ¼ cup of olive oil and the remaining vino cotto into a mixing bowl and combine well, set aside.
- Remove from the oven, pour over post marinate and allow to rest for 15 minutes lightly covered with foil.
- Cut the fillet into 8-10 even sized steaks, or you can slice thinly and serve with the resting juices.
Hints and tips
- Depending on what end of the scotch fillet you are using, there may be more or less sinew and fat. If there is a large amount of sinew this can take longer to become tender at low temperatures. If this is the case, the cooking time can be increased up to 12 hours without overcooking the meat.