4 x 150g pieces of snapper, middle cut
Murray River Sea Salt and white pepper to taste
2 bulbs baby fennel, cut into thin wedges
375ml chicken stock
1 tablespoon olive oil
Large pinch Murray River Sea Salt
4 thyme sprigs
5 Ortiz anchovies, drained, chopped, oil reserved
1 tablespoon Murray River Sea Salt
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon Lilliput capers, rinsed
150g double peeled
- Place fennel in a casserole dish. Pour the chicken stock over the fennel and dot with butter. Season with salt. Lay the thyme sprigs on top of the fennel.
- Select Fan Plus 180°C and place fennel in the oven on shelf position 1, cook for 30 minutes, or until cooked through and softened. Remove from the oven and set aside in a warm place until required.
- Melt the butter with the anchovies and zest in a small pan on medium heat, Induction setting 6. Cook to a temperature of 130°C, when tested with a food thermometer, stirring occasionally. Add capers and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Place the fish on a baking paper lined perforated steam tray. Steam at 85°C for 5 minutes. Depending on thickness of the fish, it may need another 1-2 minutes.
- Place broad beans in a perforated steam tray and Steam at 100°C for 1 minute.
- Place the fennel wedges in the centre of each plate. Top with the fish.
- Scatter the broad beans around the plate along with the herbs and flowers.
- Drizzle the anchovy butter over the fish. Serve immediately.