60ml extra virgin olive oil
6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 tsp dried chilli flakes
3 truss cherry tomatoes
250ml dry white wine
100ml fish stock
800g snapper fillets, cut into 6 portions
300g clams, scrubbed and rinsed
1 cup continental parsley, roughly chopped
Murray River salt flakes
Ground pepper, to taste
Extra olive oil
1 lemon, zested
1. Heat oil in a Gourmet oven dish on medium-high heat, Induction setting 6.
2. Add garlic and fry for 2 minutes until it starts to soften. Add chilli and stir to combine followed by tomatoes, wine and
fish stock and bring to a simmer.
3. Remove dish from the cooktop and add the snapper fillets.
4. Place into the Steam Oven and Steam at 100°C for 2 minutes.
5. Add the clams and return to the Steam Oven and Steam at 100°C for a further 3 minutes or until clams open.
6. Remove dish from Oven, season to taste, drizzle with olive oil and scatter with chopped parsley and lemon and serve.
HINTS AND TIPS
• This classic dish is called crazy water because the colour of the poaching liquid reminded the fisherman of local homemade wine.
• Snapper can be substituted for any other white fish such as kingfish, sea bream, cod or barramundi.