400g broccoli, broken
into small fleurettes
200ml sunflower oil for frying
3 long red chillies,
sliced into thin rounds
3 cloves garlic, finely sliced
1 lemon, using the
juice and finely grated zest
100ml garlic oil
20ml (1 tablespoon)
60ml olive oil
Murray River Sea Salt
- Place the broccoli on a perforated steam tray and Steam
at 100°C for 3 minutes. Cool quickly by placing in a bowl
of iced water for 1 minute, or until cool.
- Heat oil over medium heat, Induction setting 6, to 170°C.
- Deep-fry the garlic slices for 2-3 minutes or until golden and
crisp. Drain on paper towel.
- Deep-fry chilli slices until deep red colour and crispy. Drain
on paper towel.
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together and season well
- Combine the broccoli with chilli, garlic and dressing.
Toss well and serve immediately.
Hints and tips
- Yuzu is a Japanese citrus fruit, Yuzu juice can be purchased
from Japanese grocers.
- A mixture of lemon and lime juice may be used as a substitute
for Yuzu juice if desired.