50ml duck fat
4 brown onions, peeled and cut in half, evenly sliced thinly
10 clover of garlic, peeled finely chopped/crushed
250ml white wine
500ml brown chicken stock
2 sprigs of thyme
2 x 300g lamb loins, cleaned of all sinew
4 anchovies, white, marinaded
2 cups broad beans, picked and shelled
1 lemon, zest and juice
1. In a heavy-based pan over low heat, Induction setting 5, melt the duck fat.
2. Add the onions and cook slowly to caramelise. Add the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes.
3. Deglaze the pan with the white wine. Add the chicken stock and the thyme. Cook the liquid until it is reduced by one-third
and then remove from the heat.
4. Place the loins into a solid steam tray lined with baking paper. Place into the steam oven and Steam at 75°C for 15 minutes,
remove from the steam oven, season with salt and pepper and rest.
5. Take a small saucepan, add the butter and oil to the pan, add the pimentos and anchovies, sauté on high heat,
Induction setting 7 for 30 seconds.
6. Add the broad beans, season with lemon zest and a squeeze of lemon.
7. Slice each lamb loin evenly lengthways to expose the beautiful pink centre, slice approximately 2cm x 8cm portions.
Add a very generous ladle of the onion soup to each plate, at the top of each plate place one strip of lamb,
at the bottom half of each plate add a generous amount of broad bean mixture and serve.