1 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp mixed lemon, orange, grapefruit and lime fine zested
1 tbsp cashew butter
1½ tsp white soy sauce
1 tsp castor sugar
100 ml grapeseed oil
140 g mixed dice segments of orange, grapefruit, lemons, limes
1 tbsp chopped chives
50 g butter
1 tbsp caster sugar
400 ml water
1 tbsp chardonnay vinegar
Salt to taste
2 red chicory (also called endive in some places)
16 large scallops
Salt flakes and pepper, to taste
3 baby cucumbers cut in quarters and lightly salted
2 red radishes, thinly sliced
50 g baby coriander, picked
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, lime juice and zest, cashew butter, soy sauce, sugar and grapeseed oil until emulsified.
- Add the segments and chives and keep to the side.
- In a medium sized saucepan, place all ingredients except for the chicory and place on medium heat, Induction setting 6 until a simmer is achieved.
- Whisk the liquid so everything is emulsified and then place the chicory into the saucepan and reduce to Induction setting 4. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the chicory is tender.
- Place the scallops onto a perforated steam container lined with baking paper, and lightly salt the scallops. Place into the Steam Oven and steam at 85°C for 2 minutes.
- Peel off some of the cooked chicory leaves and place on the bottom of the plate.
- Scatter over the citrus and place scallops on top.
- Arrange the cucumbers around the plate, spoon dressing over the top, add radishes and coriander and serve.