½ cup water
½ cup brown rice, washed
¼ teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 makrut lime leaves,
1.5kg organic chicken
2 bunches coriander, discard
2 bunches chives
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon ground cumin
½ brown onion, chopped
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
100g Golden Circle fresh
150ml grapeseed oil
Salt to taste
- Place the rice and water in a solid steam tray and steam at 100˚C for 25 minutes, remove and leave to cool.
- In a bowl, combine the rice with ginger, garlic and lime leaves.
- Rinse and dry the chicken with paper towel. Fill the cavity with the cooked rice mixture.
- Rub the chicken with salt and place in a solid steam tray and steam at 100˚C for 45 minutes. Baste with juices and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Test if the chicken is cooked by placing a skewer in the thickest part of the chicken, if juices run clear the chicken is cooked. Rest chicken for 5 minutes.
- Place all ingredients except the oil into the bowl of a food processor, process until smooth.
- Gradually add the oil in a slow steady stream until emulsified.
The mixture should resemble the thickness of Béarnaise sauce.
- Cut the chicken into small portions and serve with Mojo sauce.
Hints & tips
Fresh pineapple can be served as an additional accompaniment with this dish.