150g caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla paste
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
600g peaches (approximately 4) halved
200g caster sugar
5 thyme sprigs
1. Grease a 26cm springform tin and line the base and sides with baking paper. Pre-heat oven on Conventional at 180°C.
2. In bowl of a freestanding mixer with paddle attachment, combine butter, sugar and vanilla paste and mix until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs one at a time and mix well.
4. Sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon and fold into the creamed mixture. Spoon into the lined cake tin.
5. Cut each peach half into 4 slices. Arrange the peach slices on top of the sponge mix in a concentric circle.
6. Place the cake in the oven on shelf position 2 and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until golden in colour.
1. Place the sugar, water and thyme into a saucepan and cook on medium heat, Induction setting 6 until the sugar dissolves.
Then simmer for 3-5 minutes and allow the syrup to cool.
1. Portion the cake, drizzle each slice with a tablespoon of syrup.
2. Gently fold the honey through the mascarpone and serve a dollop with each slice and garnish with a sprig of thyme.
Alternative appliance method
- Place the sponge on shelf level 2 in the dialog oven and start the automatic programme.
- Alternatively preheat the Dialog oven on M Chef + Conventional heat at 160°C + GU: Medium Intensity + Crisp function ON. Cook for 43 minutes or until golden.
- Place the sponge on shelf level 1 in the speed oven and start the automatic programme.
- Alternatively cook on Microwave 80W + Fan Plus at 160°C for 45-55 minutes, or until golden.
HINTS AND TIPS
• If Automatic Programmes are available, select Automatic Programmes + Cakes + Apple sponge.
• A variety of fruits such as nectarines, apricots, and apples can be used as an alternative to peaches.