3 egg whites, room temperature
65g caster sugar
60g almond meal
185g halva, coarsely chopped
65g dark chocolate 70%, chopped
65g flaked almonds
45g dried cranberry, chopped
Finely grated zest of 2 oranges
2 oranges, peeled and segmented
300ml cream, whipped
30ml Grand Marnier (optional)
1. Grease a 20cm round springform tin and line the base and sides with baking paper. Pre-heat oven on Cakes Plus at 140°C.
2. Place the egg whites into a bowl of an electric mixer with balloon whisk attachment. Whisk on medium speed until soft
3. Gradually add sugar, beating well after each addition to incorporate the sugar.
4. Fold in remaining ingredients and combine gently.
5. Pour mixture into the tin, place on shelf position 2 and bake for 1 hour 10 minutes, or until lightly golden in colour and a skewer
comes out clean.
6. Leave to cool on a wire rack in the tin for minimum of 30 minutes before removing from the tin.
7. Serve with segmented oranges and whipped cream.
HINTS AND TIPS
• Orange segments and Grand Marnier can be placed in a vacuum seal bag and using the Vacuum Sealing Drawer, Vacuum
on setting 3 and seal on setting 3.
• Halva is sweet sesame paste mixed with hot sugar to form a candy. It is used in Middle Eastern desserts.