40g caster sugar
½ lemon, zest only
¼ tsp citric acid
100g berries, frozen
2 tbsp caster sugar
1 tsp balsamic vinegar, aged
Amaretti biscuits, crushed
- Combine cream, sugar and lemon zest and whisk lightly.
- Place into an unperforated steam container and cover with cling wrap, foil or lid.
- Steam at 90°C for 1 minute then remove cling wrap.
- Stir in citric acid well.
- Pour into moulds and refrigerate for 3 hours, or until set.
- Place berries, sugar and vinegar into an unperforated steam container, cover.
- Steam at 100°C for 5 minutes.
- Spoon over berries and sprinkle with biscuits.
Hints and tips
- Other citrus fruits can be used as well as other flavourings like vanilla or spices.
- The berries and biscuit can also be changed, blackberry and gingernut biscuits make a good combination.