2 gelatine leaves, gold strength
300ml thickened cream
250g store-bought or home-made Greek yoghurt
Pear and walnut topping
1 pear, sliced into thin wedges
2 tbsp honey
1 orange, zest and juice
100g raw walnuts
- Spread raw walnuts on a baking tray and place into the oven on shelf position 2 and cook on Fan Plus at 180°C for 10 minutes. Allow to cool before roughly chopping and set aside.
- In a small saucepan on high heat, induction setting 8, cook honey until caramelised (approximately 1-3 minutes).
- Pour honey into a mixing bowl, add the thickened cream and stir to combine. Place into the steam oven and Steam at 80°C for 15 minutes.
- Place the gelatine in a bowl of cold water and let it soak for 10 minutes. After soaking, drain and squeeze out excess water from the softened gelatine leaves and set aside.
- Remove the honey and cream from steam oven, add the softened gelatine and whisk until dissolved.
- Gently whisk in the yoghurt and divide between 4-6 serving bowls. Refrigerate until set.
- Place pear into an unperforated steam container. Add the honey, orange juice and zest and Steam at 100°C for 7 minutes. Remove from the steam oven and set aside to cool.
- Spoon the fruit and some syrup over the panna cotta. Sprinkle with roasted walnuts.
Hints and tips
- Gelatine leaves can be substituted with 3 tsp of gelatine powder, dissolved in 2 tbsp of warm water.
- This recipe works well with any seasonal fruit.
- An additional garnish of fresh herbs, such as thyme, can add another dimension to the flavours.